Emotional wellbeing


Speak to your GP, carer or social worker if you are worried about your mental health or wellbeing. If you need to speak to a health worker straight away and aren’t sure who to call, dial 111 to speak to an NHS advisor.



Children and Adolescence Mental Health Services

You may have heard people talk about CAMHS and wondered what it is and if they could be helpful to you. CAMHS (short for Children and Adolescence Mental Health Services) provides help for children and young people who are experiencing problems with their mental health or emotional wellbeing. CAMHS is run by Children and Family Health Devon.



The ChatHeath text line allows young people aged 11-19 a place to talk completely confidentially with a school nurse about any worries or concerns they may have. Text 07520631722.





Kooth offers free, safe and anonymous online support and counselling for young people in Devon.




young devon

Young Devon

Young Devon is the largest young people’s charity in the South West. Their mission is to make Devon a better place for all young people and can help with building your emotional wellbeing.

You can get help by emailing Young Devon using the form at the bottom of their Wellbeing page. Alternatively, you can call their Newton Abbot YES Centre on 01626 202530, their Exeter YES Centre on 01392 331666, or call 08082 810155.

Young Devon also work closely with Kooth, who can offer online support.

Return to the main Help and Advice page, or check out these other advice pages…