Want To Talk?

Is something worrying you? If something makes you feel unsafe or unhappy, there are lots of people who will listen to you and try to help.

If you know an adult you can you can trust, someone like a school teacher or guardian, you can tell them that you are unhappy and explain what is worrying you. They will be able to help you. If you don’t feel that you can talk to anyone you know, there is advice here to help you find the right person to share your worries with.

To do this quickly and easily, download the Mind of My Own app. This will get messages to social workers and other staff very quickly. Devon County Council is signed up for this.



ChildLine will be able to help you get help and advice about a wide range of issues. You can talk to a counsellor online, send ChildLine an email or post on their message board. Contact ChildLine anytime – calls are free and confidential 0800 1111 or email them here



Ask Frank is a website that helps you find out everything you might want to know about drugs (and some stuff you don’t). You can talk to Frank on 0300 123 6600 or email here


think-u-knowThinkuknow will give you information about websites and internet safety, what’s good, what’s not and what you can do about it. There’s also a place where you can report things you feel uncomfortable with or if you are worried about someone you are chatting to online. All the information here is brought to you by the team at the NCA’s CEOP Command.


nspcc-logoNSPCC is a charity that works to keep children and young people safe. Call 0808 800 5000 if you are worried about your own safety or someone else’s. You can contact them for advice and support. They can take action if a child is in danger. If you or someone else is in immediate danger call the Police 999.


Catch 22 has a 24 hour confidential helpline you can call which gives advice and support to young people who have run away.  Call 0800 168 9698.

If you can’t find what you’re looking for or would like some advice straight away, you can call 0345 155 1071 or you can contact Devon’s Safeguarding Children Board here

National Youth Advocacy Service chatroom

Something worrying you?
NYAS now has an online chatroom. Why not talk to one of their trained and experienced advisers? Simply click on the advisers name as it appears on the link. Then type in your question or say what is worrying you. The adviser will reply straight away unless there is a queue when there may be a short delay.
Online Chat is available from 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank holidays. https://www.nyas.net/contact
This is a confidential service as long as you (child, young person or vulnerable adult) are safe.


Contact details for Youth hub senior youth workers at youth centres across Devon.


Barnstaple Youth Hub – bart.lambertus@spacepsm.org

Bideford Youth Hub – andy.branston@spacepsm.org

Exeter Youth Hub – steff.holwill@spacepsm.org

Exmouth Youth Hub – ben.goodman@spacepsm.org

Okehampton Youth Hub – fi.bush@spacepsm.org

Newton Abbot Youth Hub – emily.hobson@spacepsm.org

Totnes Youth Hub – simon.roberts@spacepsm.org

Tiverton Youth Hub – jenny.lindow@spacepsm.org







Want to Talk?

Get in touch

Fact or Fiction?

Your questions answered


Get help with some of life’s difficult times